Saturday, June 5, 2010

Bean to Bar

One thing I love about where I live is that even though it isn't exactly metro, I can get some really high quality treats. We have a few artisan bakeries and other fun dessert options. We have a local mill that (I've heard) mills great flour (I've been meaning to try it, okay?). Yes, despite being no where interesting, we have delicious food options.

That ability to get great treats locally is about to skyrocket. Amano is a bean to bar chocolate factory and it's located in Orem, Utah, which is near where I live. Since they began making chocolate, they have sold mostly on the internet and at some storefronts, although I've never actually seen any (I haven't ordered any either...I'm too lazy. Which I realize is amazing.) BUT, I saw on their website that they are opening a factory storefront sometime around June. Which is now! I cannot wait to try their chocolate (and yet I've never ordered any...suspicious, I grant you.)


Today, when I checked on when their store might be open, I was pleasantly greeted with a contest for a year's worth of chocolate. (Umm, yum!) And I had to enter. I think you should too. But I hope I win. Sorry! I could really use a year's worth of chocolate. Just imagine how much weight I would put on. And how much fun I would have doing it! Good luck, though...if it can't be me, I hope it's you. Is that better? I think once their store is open, I might have to have a giveaway with a bar or two of their fantastic chocolate. But it will also have to wait for winter...I'd hate to have it melt everywhere before it arrived.

No comments:

Post a Comment